Saturday 21 September 2013

What it takes to feel like being a leader.

This is an article that am writing after much considerations and emotional push due to much urge of being a leader.Really I believe and always meant to know that many leaders are privileged to be mentors of many people within our midst.Actually a leader is a person who has certain unique characters compared to his follower that make him or her be able to control others in various perceptive.It takes much to be a leader,especially for those who are not born leaders.Although leadership revolves around being better than others,we actually have the few who are born leaders.For them I can say that they are always bless because having such an opportunity is something to be desired for.
Lets have a little check up on the so called ''BORN"leaders.This are actually the people who had the leadership qualities since their early stages of life.This can be seen in them especially when one is with other.You might happen to have seen small children in their day to day lifetime activities,its something that is astonishing that they are always not dependent on themselves.There is actually a particular child that they always regard as more superior than them.Here is where the aspect of leadership comes in.They always believe in him everything is solved.They go much ahead and even gives him some responsibilities like solving disputes and so on.These trends are continuous to a higher level where you find out that,out of the blues some people just entrust their trust to someone they are not even aware of.Class prefects,school chancellors and even some student leaders are some of the few examples.
Some born leaders are actually inheriting it from their parents.Though most countries are democratically ruled and there is less form of leadership inheritance,its still exist amongst the modern word.Here I can give an example of fewer African leaders whose parents where once leaders and they later became leaders.Lets start with Mwalimu Julius Kambarage Nyerere,whose father Nyerere Burito was a chief of Zanaki community and later Nyerere became the first president of Tanzania.Lucky enough Steve Nyerere though not a leader presently,he has been blessed with lots of leadership skills just like his father and many others.
I sometimes look at leaders and see that I as well qualify to be a leader.There is an urge for leadership in me.The only unfortunate thing is that am not a born leader.The fantasy in my situation is that I have practiced leadership in various occasions.In schools at home and even amongst my friends.I really say that am not a born leader because there is always above me in leadership perspective.I have never gotten the highest rank in leadership even a single day.Perhaps a day shall come,a day when I will be a University students' president,a day when I will be the president of my country,a day might come.These are some of the things that boil in me whenever I think of leadership,I look at my society or country and see that I need to make a change and make a better tomorrow.I realistically believe there are others who have the same feeling as I do.Its always not bad to dream.Always dream as much as you can for we all don't know our future.We can be created leaders if not born leaders.Embrace the leadership skills and be one of your kind we have the ability to change our fate and be who we are.Its therefore advisable to be smart with our feeling and prove to the world who we really are.




No comments: